Week 3 Blog Post

 

How People Learn II: Chapter 6 Motivation to Learn

Introduction 

     Understanding how to motivate students is crucial for effective curriculum design. Chapter 6 of "How People Learn II" explores the significant factors that influence student motivation and offers insights into creating engaging and effective learning environments. Chapter 6 highlights three major points impacting curriculum design: interest and engagement, intrinsic motivation, and a growth mindset. By focusing on these areas, educators can create curricula that not only boost academic performance but also foster a lifelong love of learning and resilience in students. This infographic will delve into these key points, showcasing their importance and practical applications in the classroom.

Comments

  1. Hi Holli, this is a great summary of chapter 6. I agree with these main points so much. Motivation and self determination really is so important for the way students learn. I also love that he emphasizes growth mindset. I have always used growth mindset in my classroom. It is so important for students to have an understanding that they continue to learn from their mistakes and that they will continue to get better. Interest was mentioned in chapter 4 as well. When students have interest in something that definitely gives them more engagement in the material. I had the same type of thoughts on Rivero and Gura. I really like the way they think. I love PBL, choice boards, and reflective journals. It gives kids ownership over their learning. You chose a great ISTE standard to go along with this chapter. Great job!
    ~Kristy Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holli, I completely agree that intrinsic motivation, interest and engagement with a growth mindset are crucial for curricular design. If our curriculum is geared toward these 3 major points, we could instill a true love for learning in our students. An empowered learner is an aspirational goal! Great work!
    Esther Andugala

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 1

Week 2 Blog